Fish dock Names

A place to yarn with or about old shipmates,
snacker

Fish dock Names

Postby snacker » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:08 am

Does anybody remember Commanader Beale who was the recruiting Officer for Galley Boys and Deckie learners his office was next to the Stores on Tabacco Road.Also Burnsy the doctor on the Lockhead under Insurance Buildings.Chris the one armed Bag Collector with his Horse and Rully.Pimmy Foot another Character from Hessle Road .The 3 Ladies Stowed away on the Daystar good memories

deany2k5

Re: Fish dock Names

Postby deany2k5 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:49 am

yes do you remember the bird who you had to book in to see beale i think her name was carol or something like that.
best regards Alan

snacker

Postby snacker » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:42 pm

I sure do yes it was Carol nice looking lady

hutch31

Postby hutch31 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:54 am

2 ladies stowed away on the daystar, not 3. the ladies were out of boulevard. i remember bag collector i was only a kid when he came round. didnt he have an iron arm? i think he did!

hulltrawler
Site Admin

Postby hulltrawler » Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:38 pm

Feb 18 1963 three women who stowed away on the Hull Trawler Daystar and had to be placed ashore in Norway were given prison sentences in Hull today. Maureen Start aged 25 a mother of 3 children and Carol Hutchinson aged 18 were sentenced to 28 days imprisonment, Nora Hutchinson aged 17 was sentenced to 28 days for stowing away and three months for breech of probation. All three women reside in the Boulevard Hull.

Nine fishermen were also charged with aiding and abetting the above women to stowaway. Three of the Fishermen were given a £10 fine, six others were given a £5 fine and a 16 year old youth was given a conditional discharge.

james dixon

Postby james dixon » Fri May 13, 2011 9:01 am

LADY CREWS ARE NOW ALLOWED?? LOL. HOW TIMES CHANGE

Ray coles

Postby Ray coles » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:22 pm

About Burns y.
Me and Derek Falcon where going for our Mates Tickets I think, and we had to have our First Aid Ticket as well, so me and Derek set of down dock and he said we have got a bit of time let's go and have a pint in Rayners and a bit out of character for me I said do you think we should knowing that Burns y was a bit of a twat ,but Derek never stood on ceremony for anyone so we had a couple of pints and then set of for the Surgery.
When we got there we had to resuscitate a plastic dummy after a couple of goes we thought we were doing ok but Burns y said fuck off he’s dead, and as me and Derek went out of the door Burns y said the next time you come and see me make sure you do not have a drink first, I think he failed us because we had a couple of pints, because everyone said how easy it was to get your First Aid Ticket you only had to turn up, but not me or Derek.
Ray Coles
Ray Coles

jenbeech26

Postby jenbeech26 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:26 am

deany2k5 wrote:yes do you remember the bird who you had to book in to see beale i think her name was carol or something like that.

does anyone remember geoff brown dob 07/03/1949 sailed on arctic corsair or arctic cavalier.

jim turner

Postby jim turner » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:36 pm

I remember Burnsy.I wanted to go to sea but my mother was against it ,because my father was at sea.I went to see him at the lockhead at his surgery and he said my eyesight was not good.All I wanted was a galley lads job.I still think my dad give him a backhander to get me in,although I can`t prove it.

Return to “MESS DECK YARNS / STORIES”