Sad day for hull fishing industry 26th january

A place to yarn with or about old shipmates,
mike kelly

Sad day for hull fishing industry 26th january

Postby mike kelly » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:19 am

its a sad day in the hull fishing industry ,three ships were lost on that day RODERIGO,LORELLA 1955 and the KINGSTON PERIDOT ,many a good man lost on that day in history from our city :?: :?:

snacker

Re: Sad day for hull fishing industry 26th january

Postby snacker » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:08 pm

I know the Rememberance day on the dock at Bullnose is around this date I used to attend it every year but now live in Spain been here 11years and still remember all the mates and relatives I lost in the fishing years, Kenny Pullen and Dave Young in the St Finbarr .The 3 ships in that 1968 winter so many good friends who I went to school with and drank with in the Pubs along Hessle Road. I still try to keep in touch with a lot of the lads and this website is one of the best for doing this .A few mates went to Aussie lost touch with them, Kev Turner ,Alec craig some good memories and sad never to come back so keep the memories alive www.trawlerman.piczo.com

humber_number

Re: Sad day for hull fishing industry 26th january

Postby humber_number » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:30 pm

I have just visited the www.trawlerman.piczo.com site and what superb content. After becoming aware of the http://hullnow.co.uk/concept-examples/heritage-dock.php site I have been drawn to gathering more information on Hull's fishing heritage. The 'trawlerman' site provides a fantastic insight into the life of the people and companies involved. Many thanks. humber_number

Return to “MESS DECK YARNS / STORIES”