Was it a true Story

A place to yarn with or about old shipmates,
snacker

Was it a true Story

Postby snacker » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:37 pm

I sailed with a cook called George Moore in the Arctic Cavalier and he was famous for his stories so here is one of them .When George was in the Mechant Navy he had to fly home one trip from somewhere in the Middle East, sat in the departure lounge waitng for his flight an Air Stewardess came to him and asked him if he was Cook Moore and could he board the plane as they were waiting for him.Once on board he sat next to Lord Mountbaton and some rich Arab oil Sheik. During the flight George played cards with Mountbaton and the Sheik and swapped stories with them,as the plane started to land at Heathrow the shiek turned to George and said "Well Cook Moore I have enjoyed you company very much and I would like to give you something for your time I don,t suppose there is an hacksaw on board is there" George said why the Sheik replied "well I don,t carry cash on me but you can cut 6 inches off this walking stick and keep it as it is made of solid gold" ha ha and he swore blind it was a true story

mike kelly

Re: Was it a true Story

Postby mike kelly » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:16 am

was only talking about good yarn spinners with an old ship mate last month ,best one i sailed with was JACK (TUG)WILSON hell he could spin a yarn ,and he made you believe him ,he had some thing to do with SBG royal navy ,but the watches soon passed when jack was in the chair , :D :D

snacker

Re: Was it a true Story

Postby snacker » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:04 am

Hi Mike
I could have listened to some of the old Hands all day with some of their yarns and like you say the watches passed a lot quicker Kenny Madden was another great story teller

Return to “MESS DECK YARNS / STORIES”