my granfather joseph bexton burgess

Posts relating to family, friends , shipmates and the Genealogy of the Hull Fishing Families
jeanfrench

my granfather joseph bexton burgess

Postby jeanfrench » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:05 pm

HELLO , I HAVE JUST FOUND OUT THAT MY GRANDFATHER WAS CALLED UP FOR THE FISHERY RESERVE IN 1918 TO1919, I FOUND OUT THROUGH THE NATIONAL ARCHIVES RCORDS, HIS NUMBER WAS DE NUMBER 251 BY TVR 2 THE NAME OF THE TRAWLER WAS
AFT IONA ,ON 11357 , I NEVER KNEW MY GRANDFATHER BECAUSE HE WAS DROWNED ON THE DOGGER BANK , ROUND ABOUT 1920,S I HAVE ONLY GOT THAT FROM THE BURGESS FAMILY , I HAVE TRIED TO FIND RECORDS ABOUT HIM WHEN THE TRAWLER WENT DOWN .BUT I HAVE NOT BEEN LUCKY.
AS I HAVE SAID ABOUT MY GRANDAD, NOW I KNOW WHAT HE DID IN THE FIRST WW I FEEL MORE CLOSE TO HIM SINCE I FOUND OUT WHAT HE HAD DONE IN THE WAR.
WHEN HE DIED HE LEFT MY GRANNY AND 3 CHILDREN 2 GIRLS AND 1 BOY MY DAD THOMAS BURGESS WHO WAS ABOUT 12 YRS OLD, HE PUT HIM SELF INTO THE NEWLANDS ORPHAN HOME , I HAVE STILL GOT HIS BIBLE AND HIS TRUNK WHICH HAS GOT THE NAME OF THE ORPHANS HOME. .WHICH I USE AS BLANKET BOX.
I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW THE RECORDS OF GRANDFATHER JOSEPH FROM WHEN HE DIED ON THE DOGGER BANK,
IT SEEMS AWFUL HE WENT THRO/ THE WAR AND SURVIVED.

Return to “HULL FISHING FAMILIES”