Gerard (Sam) Rusling

Posts relating to family, friends , shipmates and the Genealogy of the Hull Fishing Families
ggrusling

Gerard (Sam) Rusling

Postby ggrusling » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:43 pm

Just wondered whether there is anyone out there who might have come across my father who sadly passed away peacefully this week (13/8) aged 81 or my mum Valerie (nee Gregory) who passed away in November 2012 aged 78.

We lived in Strickland Street and Manchester Street and they moved to Orchard Park when our house was compulsorily purchased around 1967/68. All the Gregory family were in fishing, including my grandfather Archie and uncles, Trevor, Archie and Alan. Only Alan survives.

Be good to hear from anyone out there.

powdy

Re: Gerard (Sam) Rusling

Postby powdy » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:27 pm

Hi Sam,
Ive read your message and the name Gregory rings a bell. I was brought up in South Boulevard from 1958 till about 1972. I went to West Dock Ave school an im sure i knew one of the gregorys. I had uncles and aunties and cousins who lived in Manchester Street. My nanna Pat did too and she knew everybody and everybody knew her but she died quiet a few years ago.
We also moved to Orchard Park when they knocked the houses down on Hessle Road. I remember Strickland Street when they started pulling them down, we and many other kids used it as a playground.
I went to Thorpe Park and Sir Henry Cooper an im sure one of the Gregorys went to the same schools as i did an was possibly in the same class.
Ill speak to my mam shortly as she like my nanna knew lots of people off Hessle Road as did my father. Our family was well known on Hessle Road so hopefully i mite be able to find something out for you.

Regards,
John.
POWDY

ggrusling

Re: Gerard (Sam) Rusling

Postby ggrusling » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:33 am

Thanks. What names might I recognise from your family that lived in Manchester Street?

I went to Sir H as well and left in 1973. I was in Charter House. Look fwd to hearing from you.

Regards.

Graham

Return to “HULL FISHING FAMILIES”