Loch Alsh 1948

Posts relating to family, friends , shipmates and the Genealogy of the Hull Fishing Families
robtherobin

Loch Alsh 1948

Postby robtherobin » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:16 pm

Please if i could ask for any help relating to a Hull Trawler called Loch Alsh (Loch Fishing Company)

The question relates to a William (Billy) Tidswell (23 Years old) who was tragically lost overboard on April 16th 1948 off the Norweigen Coast. Albeit this story was covered in the Hull Daily Mail the following day, we cannot find any further correspondance relating to this, and any subsequent details surrounding this incident. Alternitivley i am keen to find any records held on file by the owners relating to this.

It is Known that Billy lived at 46 10th Avenue Hull with his Parents and had four other brothers.

If anybody knows any more information or perhaps the Tidswell family i would be most grateful. The reasons are personal but can be discussed at some later stage.

Thanks for your time to read this

hulltrawler
Site Admin

Re: Loch Alsh 1948

Postby hulltrawler » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:39 am

Hi I have uploaded the vessel details for the LOCH ALSH H150 onto the sidewinders pages.
Although I can shed no further information into the loss of Billy , a check of the vessels log which is possibly held at Hull History Centre should have further details.

regards chris.

robtherobin

Postby robtherobin » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:45 pm

Thanks for getting back Chris i will try the History centre on the crew list, we have been to look at any News Papers but can only find the initila report and no more...

I have looked at the Index on Sidewinders under L and A and cant find what you have added, am i looking in the wromg direction ?

Regards - Rob

robtherobin

Postby robtherobin » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:10 pm

Sorry Chris, yes ive found this now, there is a seperate section for Loch Vessels. Picture is brilliant thanks and i will persevere with other angles on Billys Death

Kindest Regards

Return to “HULL FISHING FAMILIES”