h pennine 268

Posts relating to family, friends , shipmates and the Genealogy of the Hull Fishing Families
dave milner

h pennine 268

Postby dave milner » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:00 pm

I am looking for a photograph of the hull trawler PENNINE. this vessel was involved in the rescue of the Grimsby trawler HOWEs crew after she ran aground at bear island in November 1931 . my father in law was one of the crew who walked across bear island to help rescue the crew after the vessel was aground in bad weather .have tried a few places round hull where I live but no joy yet .hope someone can help .rgds. DAVE MILNER ex trawlerman.

hulltrawler
Site Admin

Re: h pennine 268

Postby hulltrawler » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:05 pm

Hi Dave was only speaking to graybo a few days ago and he mentioned you
I dont have a pic of the PENNINE
There is a book the Last Adveturers ( Jerome Willis) which although names have been changed details the efforts of the rescue.
also one of John Nicklins books has a chapter on the rescue of the Howe.

reagrds chris.

dave milner

Re: h pennine 268

Postby dave milner » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:30 pm

hi chris thanks for reply I did try at hull daily mail a few years ago now but the photo in the daily at the time was of the ship returning to hull after the episode at bear island .the front page was nearly all blacked out with age so was not very good.would have been a bonus for a decent foto though to finish up the little port folio I got together . been in touch with my mate graybo earlier. rgds dave milner

Return to “HULL FISHING FAMILIES”