Photos and Model Trawlers

Posts relating to family, friends , shipmates and the Genealogy of the Hull Fishing Families
powdy

Photos and Model Trawlers

Postby powdy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:02 pm

Hi,
Im interested in obtaining photographs of some of Marr's trawlers and am also interested in possibly building a model trawler. Could anyone help.
Also would anyone know my uncles or my family. We lived in south boulevard on hessle road. My dads name was John Powdrill, he had three brothers, Ken, Fred, and Barry.
Ken sailed on several Marrs trawlers as did myself from 1974.
Thanks, John Powdrill.
POWDY

hulltrawler
Site Admin

Re: Photos and Model Trawlers

Postby hulltrawler » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:50 am

Hi John
Thank you for your message, if you check out the Hull Model Boat Group, they are a friendly lot and have built several trawlers. Email the webmaster stan.
http://www.hullmodelboatgroup.co.uk/
also if you send a private message to ray on here ( Ray Coles ) - He also has built a trawler model. Although I did not know many fishermen personally not been a trawleman myself the Powdrill name has been involved in the Hull Fishing Fleet for over 100 years. If you email me about the photos you require I will see what I can do.

regards chris.

powdy

Re: Photos and Model Trawlers

Postby powdy » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:22 am

Hi Chris,
Thank you for your reply.
Im most grateful for the help youve given as regards to building a model trawler.
It was very interesting to know that my family name had been involved in the fishing industry for over 100 years and it will hopefully give me the opportunity to find out a bit more about things from years gone by.
I still have the same passion and feelings for the sea, the trawlers, the trawlermen, hessle road and that whole era so im looking forward to searching out a bit more of the history.
Ill contact you shortly regarding trawler photographs.

Many Thanks,
John.
POWDY

Return to “HULL FISHING FAMILIES”