IN LOVING MEMORY OF BRENDA KENNEDY - nee ROBINSON

Posts relating to family, friends , shipmates and the Genealogy of the Hull Fishing Families
hulltrawler
Site Admin

IN LOVING MEMORY OF BRENDA KENNEDY - nee ROBINSON

Postby hulltrawler » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:30 am

brenda.jpg

It is with great sadness that I learnt of the passing of my very dear friend Bren on the 16th Aug.
When I became interested in the Hull Fishing Community, I was lucky enough to be introduced to Brenda, a full of life character, and a typical old school Hessle Road lass. Nothing was too much trouble and she would do anything for anybody not expecting reward. She took a great interest in the website and with her encouragement and tireless research the website has grown. The telephone would ring and the excited voice on the end would rattle off details of the information she had gathered or the details of the people she had spoke to. On several occasions after reading the articles I had placed on the site, I would suttely be told by my peer that my punctuations and spelling was amiss. There are many around the world that are indebted to Bren for the books, photographs, and information she sent to them, mostly at her own expense, never relenting her enthusiasm or passion for the Hull Fishing Heritage.
I know since she has been ill and not able to use the internet, she has been missed by her many friends, that she had worldwide and who she constantly emailed, Brian, Jan and Mike in Australia, Ernie in South Africa, Arthur in Greece, Veronica in Scotland to name a few. Bren was so humble she never wanted recognition for much of the research she tirelessly did, one of the unsung heroes in the background of the many books and websites alike that she contributed to.
With the same devotion and caring she gave to her own family, she bestowed upon myself and kay. Our well being been paramount to her as was everyones, who had the pleasure to be aquainted with Brenda, often putting the needs of others far above her own. One of life`s true angels and carers.
Our heartfelt condolences and sympathy to the family. especially her loving sister Jan, Brother Jack & Barrie ,and son Danny.
Rest in peace my very dear friend reunited with John and mam and dad, brother Eric. you will always be in my thoughts and never forgotten. Thank you for everything.
Chris xxx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mike kelly

Re: IN LOVING MEMORY OF BRENDA KENNEDY

Postby mike kelly » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:03 am

Brenda will be missed by all her friends ,great lady who would do anything for you ,RIP Brenda Mike and Janet Kelly

Veronica

Re: IN LOVING MEMORY OF BRENDA KENNEDY

Postby Veronica » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:29 pm

I was a friend of Brenda for over 10 years, although we never actually met face-to-face. I, a Glaswegian, was added to a mailing list of people who originated from Hull and who had been associated with the fishing industry of which I new absolutely nothing. Brenda was the only other woman on the mailing list and our friendship developed from frequent email messages to frequent telephone calls.

Brenda's passions in life were her extended family, and Hull fishing industry of which she had an almost encyclopaedic knowledge. She carried out tireless research on her subject and her enthusiasm was such that I too was "hooked" and roped in to helping out using the internet. From Brenda I learned about the fishing families of Hull, the hardship of the industry, and the close comradeship borne out of a community struggling together in dire times - a history lesson on a society I had never before thought of or appreciated as I do today.

A lively unique person with a great sense of fun who never seemed to stop looking after the needs of others, Brenda provided me with so many laughs over the years. She was a very intelligent woman who had a wealth of knowledge about many things, which made every conversation I had with her interesting, and we discussed everything from politics to art to antiques. Her passing will leave a huge gap in the lives of all of us who knew her. To paraphrase Anton Chekov, "She shall find peace. She shall hear angels, she shall see the sky sparkling with diamonds. Veronica Bolan
Last edited by Veronica on Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Veronica

Re: IN LOVING MEMORY OF BRENDA KENNEDY - nee ROBINSON

Postby Veronica » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:03 pm

Our Condolances to the family and friends of Brenda Kennedy, I have known Brenda since she was 14 year old and used to often see her on Hessle Road but lost contact with her when she left school and went into the Army then, by chance, we got in touch over the internet. She was a king of person that loved ever one and helped ever one she will be sadly missed by all. Rest in peace my dear old friend. Brian and Jean Calvert, South Australia

Return to “HULL FISHING FAMILIES”